Home  Resources  References  Tubes  Forums  Links  Support  Sale  Search 

   < Previous Message Index Next Message >   

Antique Radio Technical Forum
Belmont 602B speaker question

Posted by Thomas Dermody on 04/12/2009 23:12

When a cone is warped, you shim the voice coil (35 mm film works well for this) and then spray the cone with water. Once it has dried, it will have realigned. If it is stubborn, you might consider wetting the cone and also carefully wetting the spider with acetone.

No replacement is necessary. Replacement should be avoided whenever possible.


Belmont 602B speaker question 
George T 04/12/2009 01:07 
Peter G. Balazsy 04/12/2009 02:38 
Thomas Dermody 04/12/2009 23:12 
George T 04/13/2009 00:38 
Thomas Dermody 04/13/2009 19:02 
Thomas Dermody 04/13/2009 19:05 
George T 04/13/2009 21:50 
Thomas Dermody 04/13/2009 23:41 

   < Previous Message Index Next Message >   

© 1996-2004 Nostalgia Air